Lenovo think pad yoga won't turn on

Closed
Bnewell - Oct 8, 2015 at 12:03 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Oct 9, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Hello, my laptop won't turn on, my dog recently chewed the charger so I bought a universal from best buy since my laptop was dead, it's been plugged in for a while and won't turn on. The think pad I blinks 3 times in succession constantly and when I try to turn it on the keyboard light comes on for a second then nothing. I've tried taking out the battery but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Hi Bnewell,

This is generally because the universal power supply is either set up wrongly, or is not powerful enough to charge the laptop.

Things to check first ...

- MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! - the voltage on the power supply does not exceed the requirements of the laptop. compare the voltage with the original power supply or look at the back of the laptop for this information. Sometimes it is hidden under the battery.

- The plug is the correct one for the laptop.

- The mains power is on.

- The power output of the charger is high enough to power the laptop.

NEVER EVER increase the voltage on the charger to more than the original power supply!!!!

Let the laptop charge for about an hour before using it to give a totally flat battery the chance to charge a little or it will try to grab as much power as it can from the charger and the laptop will not switch on.

If no joy the battery could be bad. Try removing the battery and just using the charger try switching on - does it work? If so the battery is dead.

DONT set the voltage to high

If it still wont charge there is possibly a fault with the charger. Send it back and ask for a new one.

Oh - one last thing ... Did I mention not to use too high a voltage on the charger?

Let us know how you get on :^)