Emiebrowsermodelist

Solved/Closed
vladimir85 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 at 05:53 PM
vladimir85 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2015 - Aug 8, 2015 at 07:20 PM
Hello, Whenever I sign up with my Microsoft account on my PC,
first: it was on Windows10PREVIEW, then, after reinstalling,
Windows 8.1 (reinstaled again) and finally now I am on new ,
Windows 10, after upgrading, I have a big problem! Suddenly
I see the appearance of the folders Emiebrowsermodelist,
(User ,Appdata,locallow), $RECYCLE.BIN, and System volume
information and files, pagefilesys, autoexec, bootmgr,BOOTNXT
and swapfile,sys on (C) and desktop.ini files everywhere,
even two on desktop!!!
IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH VIEWING HIDDEN FILES OR NOT!
IT IS SUDDEN DISORDER of system files and folders and,
for a short time computer works slow and becomes corrupted!
I saw on meny forums abouth emiebrowser problem, solutions
like Spyhunter and Farbar... and manual deleting...Nothing
helps!!!AND IT IS NOT emielistsite or emieusersite.
legitimate and safe.THIS IS DANGEROUS!
The question is: If there is no real solutions or I
took some online virus or something else harmful,
and it is on my One Drive or in my Account pictures
or my Microsoft Account, how to fix it. I will reinstal
PC but how to fix My Microsoft account to stop recording
the same damage!!!

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 7, 2015 at 08:30 PM
Threat researchers have been receiving numerous complaints about unwanted files and folders created on their systems named EmieBrowserModeList, EmieSiteList or EmieUserList. EmieBrowserModeList is not a virus, even if it may present symptoms that lead computer users to think that EmieBrowserModeList is a threat that was installed on their computers automatically. EmieBrowserModeList, EmieSiteList or EmieUserList is a regular and genuine part of the Windows operating system that allows IT professionals to generate and update the Enterprise Mode site list for commercial business not needing to edit the XML.

EmieBrowserModeList/EmieSiteList/EmieUserList can't be enabled on standard versions of Windows 8.1., and it is not set up by default. To use its features, company administrators or computer users need to start its operation manually through local group policy.
vladimir85 Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2015
Aug 8, 2015 at 07:20 PM
Thank you for answering to my topic but, I think that the right solution is on link:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/my-microsoft-account-emiebrowsermodelist/fef8eb6e-3581-4663-9de0-153a4b330977
I just used advice from it and problem is realy fixed!!!