Wont turn on

Closed
shorty - Jul 2, 2015 at 04:23 PM
wslnelson Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2015 - Jul 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Hello,
my ipod 5th gen wont turn on.the battery was really low and then it died.i connected it and the charging screen came on and it has been like that for hours. when i hold the home and the lock button the charge screen comes on and i really need it to turn on! what do i do?!!

1 response

wslnelson Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2015
Jul 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Most likely reason is your lithium ion battery has been allowed to go too far under its lowest possible charge point and can not be recovered. You may still be all to recover your existing profile if you had a reliable service, or Apple may do it or use to do it for the purchase price of a new battery from them for an exchange unit. The Apple will probably use your iCloud backup to restore your files if they still have the replacement service.
If you are really up to the task? You could look up a "how to video" on how to replace it yourself and order a battery for maybe as little as $10 U.S. usually includes battery replacement tools.