Macro Help!!

Closed
rb0526 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2015 - May 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM
MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 - May 15, 2015 at 01:44 PM
Hi there! I'm trying to write a macro to do the following:

I need to save the first 10 tabs (of 20) in an excel workbook as their own individual reports. The new files need to be saved in the same folder as the Master file and each workbook needs to be called <Name of Tab+Prior Month+Year> so the first tab would be called "Tab Name April 2015". In addition, I want to set the the print area make it landscape orientation and break all links to other workbooks.

Everything I know about Macro's is from forums like these so I barely know what I'm doing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 response

MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
May 15, 2015 at 01:44 PM
Hi there..
first of all, you have to understand that all the answers here are made by volunteers giving their free time helping others ..
with this spirit you need to understand that we can't do your job for you.
you have to search Kioskea.net for examples and similar questions, and you will be more than pleased, there's a lot of info and examples.
what I would recommend is that:
  • create the outlines for your situation.
  • start coding the basic structure.
  • find solution for each individual issue you face.
  • you visit these links and do a re-search.

Kioskea How-TOs Excel
VBA Copy sheet to new Excel File
Kioskea Search

For further help you can post a specific question about a specific issue that you might face building your code.

Good luck