Windows 8.1 - Enable/Disable System Restore

Closed
Kris - Apr 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM
MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 - Apr 30, 2015 at 04:12 PM
Hi,

the following link gives instructions to enable or disable system restore:

https://ccm.net/faq/27132-windows-8-1-enable-disable-system-restore

If I follow these instructions, does it mean I can disable the opportunity to restore the machine to factory settings? Is 'disable system restore' the same as 'disable restore to factory settings'? This is something I am trying to get done.

Thanks,

Kris
Related:

1 response

MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
Apr 30, 2015 at 04:12 PM
Hi Kris,
there's so many ways to achieve factory reset, mostly through the OEM's software, if you are using an OEM Laptop or a branded Desktop, most possibly it has a factory reset option using either a rescue disk or a Hot key boot option linked to a recovery partition,
anyhow, System restore only restore your machine to a pre-appointed state that you have saved before or some programs does create a restore point at setup process,
so if you do have the factory reset option, disabling the system restore will not prevent you from factory reset.