Windows 7, Missing Installs

Closed
Iameki Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2015 - Apr 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Goood afternoon Kioskea, greetings to you all!

After having an extensive search engine quest with no success I have decided to share my problem here to see if anyone can shed some light on it for me.

So I'm having some issues with installing new applications on Windows 7. For some reason after installing, the program just doesn't seem to appear in my c:drive although I know it's there.

Below is a picture of my C: drive and the programs that don't appear so far are HD tune pro and Far cry 3. Folder properties are currently set to show hidden files but still nothing comes up. Using the Far cry 3 install location selection tool I am able to see these files installed though. What's happening!?

Many thanks in advance for your brainwaves.

Iameki

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Hi,

Can you open up command prompt and type:

cd %programfiles(x86)%
dir /A

Is the folder listed?

Can you please install https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (Free) and run a scan on your computer.

Can you also start your PC up in Safe Mode and see if you can access these folders. https://ccm.net/faq/223-how-to-start-windows-computer-in-safe-mode

Do you have another drive you could have accidentally installed it on?

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Iameki Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2015
Apr 28, 2015 at 01:13 PM
Hello Kieferschild,

I have performed both steps, Malwarebytes came back with nothing and I could not view the folders in safe mode. Just one HDD partitioned, but nothing is installed on the D: drive.

Iameki
Blocked Profile
Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Did you run command prompt
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,166
Apr 28, 2015 at 04:55 PM
Hello

Permit to butt in.

Iameki, I am curious to know where you got Far cry 3 from, I wish to check something for you.