How to fresh install windows 8

Closed
ganeshtodkar Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2015 - Feb 4, 2015 at 11:02 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2015 at 02:00 PM
Hello,

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop, i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90 GHz, 64 bit, 400 GB, with windows 8 installed in it. I was not given any Windows 8 CD while buying the laptop.

After few days of successfully using my laptop, I got a pop up to upgrade to Windows 8.1.
My fault I did not take any back up before clicking the upgrade button. I dont know by what means the up-gradation was not complete. But after restarting the PC I saw Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 installed.
Along with Windows is not activated message.

Now I want to get fresh copy of Windows 8 or 8.1
Any help would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2015 at 02:00 PM
your Laptop probably has a Hidden partition, to access it with the computer turned off simply press the [Assist] Button, it should turn on the computer and launch the Rescue partition.

if that does not work turn on the computer and tap the [F10] key a few times at the VAIO logo
a screen that states"Edit Boot Options" will appear
simply press enter and the tools will launch

once the tools load choose "C Drive Recovery" and everything will be wiped clean back to the original factory image. You can even use Rescue data to try and save any of your files before starting the Format.

Once the unit is returned to the original image once you are at the desktop of windows, press [Assist] to open VAIO Care and create a set of recovery software. all you need are 2 blank DVDs