Windows could not start because of the following

Closed
nina1997 Posts 3 Registration date Friday January 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2015 - Jan 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM
 nina1997 - Feb 8, 2015 at 05:40 PM
I have a problem and need some support. I will finish the information from the title area:
Windows Root7\system32\hal.dll.
Install a Copy
Sounds easy, right? HaHa not quite. I've tried everything that was thrown to me, and still get the same message, I can't use the F10, it will not do a thing, I have restarted the computer and tapped the F10 for a half hour with no response. Basically I have found out that the only way to fix this is to do a Full System Restore which in turn needs the disc that came with my PC. When I bought the computer it came already installed with Windows XP Home Edition. I do not have the Installation disc, however I have the original stickers with product key and other information. Is it possible to download a copy of a Windows XP Home Edition, save it and burn a cd in my new computer, and use that cd to re-install my other computer? I hope anyone reading this understands what I'm trying to explain, if not contact me and I will try one step at a time. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me make this happen
Related:

5 responses

dmkol Posts 7 Registration date Sunday January 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2015
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM
i think if you put the copy of windows on one and use the recovery files from that,for the other ,if you know a fair bit about it try using hyrens boot cd it has more stuff on it than the web lol,its free and if it helps you maybe donate small token jus try(hyrensbootcd.com) i think it is updated often and 15 is the disk at present good luck ps shouldnt need to go anywhere else!!
nina1997 Posts 3 Registration date Friday January 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2015
Jan 17, 2015 at 09:13 PM
I went to the site that you provided me with, there are so many choices on what to download. Which one should I choose? I would greatly appreciate your direction to follow. You mentioned something about a small token to donate. Where do I donate? Is there a link on that page, or do I donate to the community. I'm new in here and want to do the right thing. Thank you again in advance for your continued support. After I know which one to download, burn the CD I will be fine after that.
Sincerely Yours,
Ray
nina1997 Posts 3 Registration date Friday January 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 17, 2015
Jan 17, 2015 at 11:11 PM
'Hello I went to the site you suggested and burned a CD, one that I thought would be my issue. I restarted my XP PC and put the disc in and went about my business. I came back only to find that doggone error message again, but again I just picked one out of the many to choose from. Who knows, I may have burned the wrong disc. I just wanted to update you on this issue. I really appreciate your help or any other help to resolve it. When I power the PC up the only buttons that work is the F8, I can't even boot the safe mode up. Anyway, thanks again.
dmkol Posts 7 Registration date Sunday January 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2015
Feb 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM
i think your master boot record is corrupt or in need of repair or restore, if you go to( top4download.com),it as a free version of almost everything needed to do with pc and phones,ya see i am not really qualified to help fully, i only know that what i told you worked for me a few times before,ive 2 pc,s and a laptop giving me the same as you,oh cnet offers a good how to menu on their website,and its in video,other than that is trial and error,good luck anyway.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
web page is gone, but thanks for trying to help