Seeking for answer my windows asus x55c

Closed
mothernature56 Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2014 - Sep 1, 2014 at 05:02 PM
 sofi87 - May 22, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Ok my laptop asus x55c will poweron an it says preparing automatic repair. Then it says your pc ran into a problem an needs to restart. Were just collecting some error info an then well restart for you. An it wont never turn on only that pops up an I have to put my password in again
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 1, 2014 at 05:13 PM
Hello

It seems that you have a corrupted file system. I suggest you restore your lappy to out of the box factory settings. You will lose all of your data and programmes you added but it better than a dead lappy,

Here is how:

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=X55C&p=3&s=117&os=&hashedid=uMukvgmJcudOMl9w&no=1775

Good luck
mothernature56 Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2014
Sep 1, 2014 at 05:40 PM
So how do I do that ?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 1, 2014 at 06:00 PM
Dear Mother

If you click on the link which is in blue in my previous reply, it will list and explain three methods:

One of them is:

Method One
Using the Recovery Partition(on selected models)
1. Press < F9 > during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next.
4. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click Next.
5. Select a partition option and click Next. Partition options:

Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

IMPORTANT!
DO NOT delete the partition named RECOVERY. The Recovery Partition is created at the factory and cannot be restored if deleted. Take your Notebook PC to an authorized ASUS service center if you have problems with the recovery process.

I would select the first option which I underlined above.
It happens with me too. I try to do what they said but didn't work. It will apears on and on. I sent it to fix and they replaced the disc and the keyboard...??? I didn't even realized what was broken....