INTERNET EXPLORER/FLASH PLAYER

Closed
bytheway Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2014 - Aug 29, 2014 at 04:25 AM
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 - Aug 31, 2014 at 08:02 AM
I have a recently developed a problem that affects my video viewing. I am using WINDOWS 7. Most of my issues occur while I am using FB. I get a popup screen that says that I must install an updated version of adobe flash player before I can view the video. This doesn't work and then another screen pops up and takes over my computer and tells me that I must call an 877 number to fix this problem. I am leery of contacting this number inasmuch as I can sign on with GOOGLE CHROME with no problem.

I would really like to use my IE version 11

I have used both malwarebytes and my Norton internet security and neither one shows a virus... I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MESSAGE, IT IS ALL JUMBLED UP?

Any help will be appreciated :-)
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 29, 2014 at 06:47 AM
You are right about NOT calling the 877 number. It's got to be malware of some kind. I suspect you picked-up a "browser helper" program. Then when you download the "Adobe" update you probably got some nasty malware instead.

I would not use the computer for any banking transactions or to buy anything. If possible you would change all your passwords using another computer .

I would like to know the 877 number to research the problem.
The number to call "to fix" this issue is : 888 925 3960
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 30, 2014 at 04:19 PM
Your browser has been hijacked by a malicious pop up ad server probably when you were tricked into visiting an infected website. One of the most common methods to install this malware is a site that claims your Flash Player needs updating and provides a button to click to install the update. However the link is not to the Adobe website and you download the malware instead. You can try do a scan with your security software but many are not able to remove this malware. You may have to download a malware specific program such as Malwarebytes to remove it. There are free and paid versions and you get a trial of the paid version which can also block infection with this type of malware.

Perhaps you need to update definitions for Malwarebytes.
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
Aug 31, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Hello,

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).

10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

11. Click on "upload »

12. Copy the URL and post it here.

Gabriel.
Gabriel. What you need to solve my problem requires a great leap of faith by me Luddite that I am. I will reply after the Holiday when my son will be here and able to help me.

Regards

Bytheway
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
Aug 31, 2014 at 08:02 AM
Hello,

No problem. :)
If you need more informations, ask me.

Gabriel.