Wireless (wifi) connexion troubleshoot

Closed
ziggy7 Posts 117 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009 - Feb 27, 2008 at 01:24 PM
 Tola - Jan 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Hello all.. hey phoebe! how r you ?

I have wireless connection but browser comes up with error
my laptop doesn't want to connect to the internet even though I suposedly have a wireless connection I am running xp pro on it and I tried with IE. firefox and MSN messenger but still will not connect... I am able to disconnect the eithernet from my desk top and it works that way so I assume there is someting wrong with my wireless card or something? my wireless card is a 802.11g wireless cardbus pc adapter... I had this problem before and i left it for a couple days and was able to use it agian (odd) anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

crazy_phoebe Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 2
Feb 27, 2008 at 01:29 PM
Hi, am fine!
This is due to an '' ip conflict''
Have a look at this link you'll fix your problem
https://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
I had simular problem with my XP side of Apple to my D-Link 625. I could connect direct to internet or connect wirelessly on the Apple side to the router and the other laptop with Vista connected easily to the router but XP would not. The solution was that I had to select a "Better" security in my router and NOT use the "None", "Good" or "Best" securitys. Hope this helps others out there:)