Unable to uninstall idm

Closed
jkmangang Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday April 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2014 - Jul 18, 2014 at 08:20 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 18, 2014 at 04:48 PM
I installed idm and after some days idm asked for registration, then i tried some crack app it registered idm with fake registeries after that everytime whenever i tried to open idm an error message is displayed as "idm is registered with fake register keys please register now".
So, i decided to uninstall it from my pc, i uninstalled from control panel it disappeared from installed apps. But, remains in system tray and in installed folder. If i opened it, it succesfully opens and says same message as above. so, manually removed all files from installed folder but except two pdf files all are removed. If i tried to remove those two pdf files a error message appears as " unable to delete as these are open in windows explorer" i tried to reinstall but same happens as described above. plz help anyone

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jul 18, 2014 at 04:48 PM
So you tried to use a crack! That is equivalent to robbery, the IDM developers invested a lot of money and work into that software and you wish to steal from them. Shame! Shame! Shame! If someone did the same thing with your property how would you feel?

Fortunately, the IDM trial is now inscribed in the legacy portion of your registry, it can't be erased, deleted or modified. You are marooned up the stream without an oar! You goose is cooked.

That should be a lesson to you. Next time spit out the cash!

The best lesson to you will be when you install a crack which will be virused as most cracks contain a virus.

Ambucias
Moderator & Virus Security Contributor