Dell Latitude E5400 - Interupting WLAN signal.

Closed
mse002 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2014 - Jun 10, 2014 at 01:22 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 10, 2014 at 03:33 PM
Anyone -
I have a Dell E5400 Latitude that is about 5 years old.
I have recently had the computer suddenly shut-down.
I was told by a freind that it may be dusty and over heating. Afterwards, I vacumed the back side of the laptop around and over the vents. I have now only had it happen 1 time today.
the real reason for that background is to continue on to discuss my wifi signal and possibly probelms with my wlan card.
Over the last 3-4 days, i have begun to loose my wifi signal to the point that it is off more than on and i'm having problems performing my work. I have experienced this at public wifi, my office and at home. I assume that I'm having a problem with the driver or the card itself.
I have deleted the driver several times planning to re-install it, but then when i re-boot the computer, some driver in the archive is being accessed and the system is reloading the non-funtioning systems. last, occassionaly my keyboard has begun to lock up recently. any ideas that would tie these together or even just help on the wifi issue.
thanks.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 10, 2014 at 03:33 PM
A five year old laptop that has been lugged between home and office has probably reached it's operational limits. With so many real and potential problems it's probably time to replace it.

Sorry for the bad news