How to copy data based on criteria met

Solved/Closed
katcrisjul Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2014 - Jun 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Sep 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Help!

I am totally stuck and this is probably a very simple fix. I have two sheets "Priority Accounts" and "ACN Dashboard". I need to move data in one column over from 'Priority Accounts" to "ACN Dashboard' if data in column '6' equals x. I have tried auto filter and a few other things but am not getting what I need. I want this to be an automatic thing since this is a live workbook where column 6 in "priority accounts" will be constantly updated. Please help!

Sam

10 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Jun 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Hi Sam,

No worries man, a macro can be written for this.

I just want to make sure we are not confusing columns with rows here.
Can you confirm that either the data being moved is located in a row or that the x's are located in a row.

One more thing. You want this to be automatic. What did you have in mind:
1) when x is entered, move data.
2) run the code at the end of the day to make sure all data is entered and then remove the x's so they aren't moved twice.
3) run the code at the end of the day to make sure all data is entered and then remove all data being moved.

If you choose for option 1 then please specify move as cut/paste or copy/paste.

Please note that the more column/row references you provide the more accurate the code will be.

Best regards,
Trowa