HP pavilion sound and wi-fi button

Closed
fliperflaper Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2014 - Jun 5, 2014 at 01:35 PM
fliperflaper Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2014 - Jun 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
i realize a lot of similar threats like this has been posted LONG BEFORE I DO, but anyway i have this laptop of 5 years old which suddenly the wi-fi and volume button's light is mixed between blue and red and its like broken.

this actually happens to me 3 times

The first and second time i have tried to do hard reset, hold the power button until died, remove battery and AC and fan etc and hold power button for 30 secs and start again which works fine. However for the 3rd time doesnt seems so, due to some circumstance, i place my battery on the other room and since according to my knowledge hard reset doesnt actually really needs battery i just hold power button for 30 secs and start it and WOW THE BUTTON IS STILL UNUSABLE. so i decide to restart the hard reset,turn off,remove ac adapter,remove portable fan, hold 30 secs and this time put back the battery and ITS STILL DIDNT WORK. i have try hard reset several times as well as f10 and even stupidly system restore but it still didnt work, now is there anybody who can tell me what should i do? should i go to repair just for something like this? since this happens to me before i feel weird if i need to go to repair just for this, well unless if there really is no other option. once again, can someone please tell me what should i do? thanks
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 5, 2014 at 02:36 PM
I am ussually against system restores, but do you know of a good date to restore back to? Have you installed anything lately? Go through your lists of prgrams and unistall anything that you have installed in the past couple of months, or however long it has been acting up.

Give that a go, and let us know what you have done.
fliperflaper Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2014
Jun 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
you can call me stupid but actually i agree with your opinion "I am ussually against system restores, but do you know of a good date to restore back to?" to be honest i didnt install anything for the last 7 months and i do system restore out of desperation and it proven to be useless

there is actually another thing that i havent mention above because i dont think its important. that is before this happens, my house happens to have sudden electricity cut when i was charging my laptop battery so i decide to turn off the laptop and go out

when i came back and the electricity is back again i turn on my laptop and see my laptop's sound and wi-fi button is drunk they can turn on and off by themselves and the light on their button is mixed between blue and red (blue means on and red means off) and for the volume sometimes it can suddenly go to 0% volume but not mute

and the rest is as what i've said above