Did found the BIOS setup

Closed
sumanbaba Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2014 - May 16, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 16, 2014 at 06:06 PM
Hello,
My computer is running much slower in last few months, so I decided to format it and reinstall all applications, including operating system Windows XP.
After I started the installation and checked for computer setup it comes to the step when I am asked:
If I want to repair Windows XP or
Install new version of XP
I choose Install new, but after few minutes on the screen appears following message:
Your computer can not recognize hard drive, make sure your hard drive is powered on and properly connected
Everything is properly connected, because I still use my PC without serious problems....
The hard drive is Western Digital SATA 80 GB
When press the Del the of entering SETUP Press F11 for BBS POPUP.
Do you maybe know what could be the problem, is it problem with hard drive controller or something like that.....
Best regards
Suman Baruah
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
May 16, 2014 at 06:06 PM
Hello

You have chosen the wrong option, by installing new, you erased your Windows and now you must re-install it again as if it was a brand new computer.

You just got yourself a large headache!