Acer laptop not turn on

Closed
acerjon72 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2014 - May 15, 2014 at 07:37 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I am using an Acer laptop (Aspire 1830 T), bought about 3 years ago.

Never had any problem until this morning, when it would not turn on: DEAD ! No sign of any light or life at all; screen black; no light in any of LEDs at front.

At first, I thought that it might be the power cable (I am/was using it with no battery installed), but I checked the cable with another laptop, and it worked fine.

I think that the laptop had an attempted virus attack yesterday: I saw a Norton message, saying that a suspect file "js" had been blocked, and I then removed several unsolicited programmes that had been installed at the initiative of a site that announced that my Chrome browser needed updating (I did not act on that). If I remember right, I was able to continue working on the laptop afterwards.

Then, when I tried to switch it on this morning, nothing.

If someone can suggest a diagnosis of the problem, and how to solve it, I shall be very grateful.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM
I suspect you have a hardware problem. You probably should take the laptop to a local repair shop and get an estimate for repair. Don't be surprised if it cost more to repair than to buy a new laptop.

Good luck