Macro - Help please - Newbie on macros

Closed
jneeley001 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2014 - May 2, 2014 at 06:56 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I am new at this macro stuff and I would like to learn more. A project I'm doing now is for staff assessment forms. I already have a working macro for creating new assessment form for each new staff (from a "Template" sheet). So now I can create assessments for ABC, DEF, etc. etc.

One thing that I need is the "Summary" tab. Is it possible that the summary table in this tab will pick up the final assessment scores from each tab? Or with a click of a button, columns with contents from each assessment tab (ex: row R of each assessment tab is the average score from all assessors that needs to go to the summary tab) will be added to the end of the summary table?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Hi Jneeley001,

So your final scores are all on the same location across your sheets. Then go to your summary sheet, select destination cell, hit =, go to first assessment sheet, click on the final score and hit enter. Do this for the rest of the scores.

Best regards,
Trowa
Do you have time to help me out? I can send you my file. I just can't make it work. I think I got it, but when I run it, it's not functioning as intended.
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Hi Ryan,

My suggestion was without the use of macro, thus no need of running anything.

But you can always post your workbook (careful with personal info) using a free file sharing site like www.speedyshare.com or ge.tt and then post back the download link.

If I can help you, I will.

Best regards,
Trowa