How to open the disk without formatting it?

Closed
Pankaj - Mar 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM
dluv28u Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2014 - Apr 4, 2014 at 04:38 AM
Hello,
I have three partiction in my computer C: D: E:. There is a problem with the D:. When i start my computer it displays a message that there is a problem with the hard drive. . And after it starts then when i try to open D: then it says that u must format it. I have got alot of important files in it so i cant format it. Plz iz there any way to open that drive. .

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 1, 2014 at 02:32 PM
Perhaps a 3rd party Partition Manager program can rebuild the damaged partition. I suggest the free version from EaseUS. Just Google the "EaseUS" for a download location.

Good Luck
dluv28u Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2014
Apr 4, 2014 at 04:38 AM
first I would back up all my file to a cloud or a ext.hard drive.then try a system restore.If that dose not work try going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools find Windows Memory Diagnostic click on restart and check for problems.but the main thing is copy your file even if have to remove hard drive and use a USB Hard Drive Adapter to connect it to a working PC. But here one thing I all most forgot [HP USB Recovery Flash Disk Utility - A handy means of restoring your laptop to the original settings by transferring the original] it dose more then just work for USB