Virus hampering boot on Windows Vista

Solved/Closed
ErieE Posts 37 Registration date Thursday March 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2014 - Mar 29, 2014 at 07:07 PM
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 - May 14, 2014 at 03:13 AM
My laptop Windows Vista opens to a gray screen with the words Microsoft windows Vista at the top and Memory diagnostic tool at the bottom. Memory diagnostic tool said no errors. Ran diagnostic on F12 key -- said no problem. Ran Avast anti virus -- found nothing. The only way to open computer is to select Microsoft Windows Vista -- select Enter and wait through numerous beeps. I got instructions from Ambucias to download ZHPDiag2, start a new topic in virus-security and send the URL from the test.

HTML link<a href="http://speedy.sh/rqd5z/ZHPDiag.txt">Download at SpeedyShare</a>

download link http://speedy.sh/rqd5z/ZHPDiag.txt

I hope this is what you need. It still installed with mostly French so I had to guess a little.
Related:

103 responses

2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
May 12, 2014 at 05:21 AM
Hello,

Bing, it is a toolbar, a seach engine or a homepage ?

Gabriel.
It is a Search Engine but I think I figured out how to get rid of it. It is connected through Conduit to Chrome but it is not as good as Google Chrome. There is a setting where you can delete it or just not check the box beside it. That turns it off as your default search engine. So far, everything is OK.

Internet explorer is now working. It was a matter of changing the settings also. I don't use it anyway. There have been a couple of instances where I had to use it for locate a particular web site. That was the only reason I wanted it.

It looks as though every thing is OK except the boot problem. Thanks so much for all your help. I still don't know how to say the problems are solved, though. I notice other problems have "solved" by them. How do I do that.
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
May 14, 2014 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

Perfect. :)

I have mark the topic as solved.

See you soon.

Gabriel.