Triying to recover a blocked hotmail account

Closed
Suresh - Mar 1, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Tarponjack Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2014 - Apr 2, 2014 at 09:17 AM
Hello,

Here is what I get when I try to login my hotmail account.
-----------
Did you request a security info change?
Someone with the email address of ***@*** started a process to change the password or security info for this Microsoft account, and it will be available again on 3/31/2014.
If you made this change, choose "Yes, this was me" and we'll help you get back in to your account.
If you didn't make this change, choose "No, this wasn't me" to cancel the request.
Yes, this was me
No, this wasn't me
-------------
My answer: Yes this was me brings to another screen asking fro a code that I do not remember.

Then I went on to Cant Access my account, filled the form, changed the password and received a mail saying:
Right on! The information you submitted for ***@*** has been verified.

So I click on the third link provided in the email and sign in with my new password, and I receive again the first screen beginning with:
Did you request a security info change?

So what to do? Any way to recover without waiting until 3/31/2014?

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 2, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Hotmail never responds that way.

I believe that your account has been hacked.

Hotmail has now been replaced by Outlook so Hotmail is now Outlook and your Hotmail account should work in Outlook.

See if this page will help you recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

Also, I suspect that your computer is not safe against intrusions.

Ambucias
Virus/Security Contributor
Tarponjack Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2014 3
Apr 2, 2014 at 09:17 AM
This is a well meaning but worthless response. This is not a hack. It's a Microsoft issue that doesn't seem to have an intuitive or workable fix. I get all the same problems as other posters.