Main display

Closed
ChrisDeamude Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 19, 2014 - Feb 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 20, 2014 at 06:16 PM
Hello,
when i loaded vista onto my laptop i used an external monitor and it was fine it worked great and i was able to make my monitor the primary display. But i gave it to a friend and when i hooked it to her Acer monitor(my was Gateway)it would only allow me to extend the display but i was not able to make it the main. I'm trying to use the laptop just a docking station (or to use it like a tower) so i need it to be able to use only the external monitor please help? I have tried everything except to reload windows with all the hardware attached that will be being used on the laptop, plus the screen on the laptop does not work unless i pinch the left top corner of the screen or give it a pinch and twist, hence the need for the external monitor.
Regards

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 20, 2014 at 06:16 PM
Most laptops use an Intel chipset and Intel graphics. You can find an Intel icon in the Control Panel that will allow you to set the external monitor as the default/clone. Also most laptops have a Fn + PF key option that will control where the display screen is sent. But, you need to install the laptop manufacturer's software/drivers to enable the PF Key functions.

Good Luck