HP Pavilion DV6700 Stuck!

Closed
patg221 Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2014 - Feb 17, 2014 at 09:57 PM
imaks12 Posts 35 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 - Feb 21, 2014 at 05:28 AM
Hi. My Pavilion DV6700 froze and I had to turn if off manually and then turn it on again. That's usually not a problem. This time, however, it asked to to repair the startup, which I did, and then it asked me to restart. When I try to restart it, I get the screen that allows me to chose "Safe Mode" or "Start Windows Normally". Neither works. When I do Safe Mode, it goes through a list of things and then all I see is a black screen with an arrow cursor. When I choose to start it normally, I get that same screen immediately and -either way - I can't exit from it without just turning it off. Help! Thanks!
Related:

1 response

imaks12 Posts 35 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 12
Feb 21, 2014 at 05:28 AM
Start tapping F8 just after starting the system. Keep pressing 'F8' till you get an option to enter into 'Advanced Startup options'. 'System Recovery options' window will open where you could choose to run startup repair one more time.

I'd recommend you to run it at least 3 to 4 times as if one shot misses any error, may found in the next attempt. 'System recovery options' also has other useful tool which can later help you to troubleshoot PC problems. Below link will take you to the tutorial where various 'System Recovery options' is mentioned in detail:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-windows-bd88ffdf-1e8e-34a0-d76f-39a71fb4ed4d

If the problem still persists or you're looking for more help, feel free to post here.