My vista system won't recognize most usb objects

Closed
bqsonaquest Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2014 - Feb 2, 2014 at 04:59 AM
G_Anders Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2014 - Feb 3, 2014 at 02:24 AM
Hello,
My computer won't recognize plug and play devices, jump drive, web cams or photo camera, usb hubs it does recognize wifi adapter. Pretty much any thing that doesn't come with a device driver for me to install it won't recognize it. That even includes basic jump drives. I have gone to the manufacture website and reinstalled the motherboard drivers countless times . I have tried the microsoft diagnostic fix app. countless times. I know the devices work because they work on other devices, using linux and all are vista compliant.

operating system: vista media
processor: amd phenom II 4x 965
motherboard: bio star ta870u3+

Related:

1 response

G_Anders Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2014
Feb 3, 2014 at 02:24 AM
You should try Driver Booster or DriverMax. They will scan and find out if any drivers are missing. You can then manually install them after downloading. All the best!