MY HARD DRIVES

Closed
Afari - Mar 2, 2009 at 04:45 AM
 Afari - Mar 4, 2009 at 02:56 AM
Hello,
my alwy finds it defficult to find my hard drives during booting
what is the cause of the problems.
i have two hard disk and both of them can be recognize by the hard disk.
they are all good and perfect in good shape.
what should i do?
Related:

4 responses

rajamcg Posts 13 Registration date Sunday March 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2009 5
Mar 2, 2009 at 05:24 AM
Hi,

your Question not clear , u sing 2 HDD okay.

1. check which one is boot disk(which one is having operating system that is boot disk)

for ex: HDD1 : loaded operating system.
HDD2 : not Loaded Operating system.
2. go to CMOS settings .
set HDD1 Is First Boot Disk okay. HDD2 is Second Boot Disk...etc(HDD,CS/DVD....)
(or)
change Jumper Settings for HDD(See jumper settings in back side of the HDD)
Check your power cable
Sometimes a power cable is not properly connected. Make sure that the power cable you are using is good and change the current Molex power cable and use another one to power it

Configure the BIOS

You have to make sure that the hard disk is properly connected and the jumper cap is also properly placed, secondly check the BIOS. You will need to tap a certain key to enter the BIOS settings. This is normally the ESC, F1, F2, F10 or Delete key and is usually indicated on the very first screen when booting the PC. Once in the BIOS make sure the drive shows up in the appropriate place. If the hard disk is the master try detecting it and change the boot sequence to the master as the first boot device, and make sure it is set to Auto Detect the drive.

Check your IDE cable

Sometimes the IDE cable is not properly connected. Get another IDE cable and use it to connect the drives and make sure that it is properly connected.

Check if the drive is spinning

If the hard drive is not spinning, then it may not be getting power. You may need to listen real close to hear it spin, or touch the side with your finger to feel any vibration. If the drive is not spinning, test the power dongle with a multimeter, or try a different power connector. A power supply will often have several Molex connectors not being used. If the hard drive still does not spin up, the drive may be dead.
Sometimes may be something is just wrong with your computer that you can figure, so you have to try the hard disk in another computer before finalizing that its bad.

for more detailed explanations and you can visit http://online-computer-repairs.blogspot.com/...
sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 31
Mar 2, 2009 at 08:19 AM
Check all your cables IDE and power cables and then check your settings in your boot devices and then restart
hi
what i mean is that both of the drive are being recognized but when restart the machine i tend to loose the secondary. i have set all all of them in the cmos.
i have my import data on the secondary but i have been the loosing the secondary more often. in short it comes on and off.