Folders in my harddisk turned into shorcuts

Closed
ashraf_pb Posts 9 Registration date Monday November 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2013 - Nov 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM
 goo - Nov 17, 2013 at 09:30 AM
i am having a hard disk of 500 gb, once i used a pen drive and the folders in my external hard disk turned into shortcut, the folders in first are only tured into shortcut, and they are still opening, and whenever i remove or attach any external disk it gives a message:
"PLEASE ENTER THE DRIVE"(it shows the execution of any autorun.exe file)
where as the folders in other system hard disk have not changed into shortcuts.... i have done partition of my external drive into 2 parts of 250gb each, i don't want to loose any data and want to remove the shortcut folders... please help me out!

2 responses

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Nov 5, 2013 at 03:23 AM
Hello,

If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in

hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your pendrive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

Note : Replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Regards.
its not working...
ashraf_pb Posts 9 Registration date Monday November 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2013 55
Nov 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM
thanks a lot the problem for my external drive was solved.... thanks a lot.... but now a new problem arise... every pen drive i connect turns to shortcut folder and when i use the instruction given by you it solves the problem temporarily, and if i connect it again it again get converted to shortcut folders(THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT HAPPEN FOR MY EXTERNAL HARD DISK IT IS SOLVED, BUT FOR OTHER REMOVABLE DISK). when i remove my pen drive or any other removable disk it gives me the message as follow:
====================================================================
scvhost.exe - No Disk
"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive F:."
====================================================================
i am having avast antivirus and when i open the shortcut folder from my pen drive it(avast) runs the program in its sandbox, and at last it does not find any evidence to say the program as malicious....and ignore it...
please!!!! help me out!!! iam fed up of these shortcut folders.....