My pen drive is not opening... Please help me

Closed
sahayabeni Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2013 - Sep 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Bridget. Posts 3816 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen February 21, 2014 - Sep 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Help me please

whenever i plug in my pen drive and tries to open it, it says "The disk in drive H is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?".. If i gave "Format disk", it displays a message as "Windows cannot format the disk because it is write protected".. And The disks's name is not detected & it always shown as Removable Disk(H:).. Even the memory space of my pen drive is not shown..

Same happens with all computers. I have a very important data in my 8GB pen drive.

Please reply me soon...
Related:

1 response

Bridget. Posts 3816 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen February 21, 2014 6
Sep 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Hello Sahayabeni,

First, have you checked that the "lock button" on your pen drive is not locked? It lies on some USB drives, not all, and serves to protect them against writing. It has the shape of a small slider with a padlock symbol. Sometimes we can inadvertently shut it or it can lock itself inside a bag. Many people do not know it exists or what it is.

If you have already checked it and that it is not locked or if you do not have this slider on your key, we will try something else :)
Best regards. Bridget.