Want different songs on ipod & iphone

Closed
vansmick Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2013 - Sep 11, 2013 at 05:45 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I have an iPhone & iPod. I only want a subset of what is on the iPod to be on the iPhone. I have not been able to find any instructions on how to do this. BTW most of my music is from my albums, not from the Apple store, if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
Van
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Hey Van. Have you ever imported any music into your Itunes software?

Do you have a USB phono player? If you do not, go to an electronics store and ask for a USB phono player, it is a turn table with a USB device. It allows you to turn your records into music files. Then take those music files and Import them into your Itunes software. Then dock your IPOD, It will ask to synch, and say yes.

This is all assuming you have a pc/MAC and not just your iphone and ipod.
vansmick Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2013
Sep 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I must not have been clear on my question.

a) I have downloaded all the tunes I want onto my iPod.
b) I want only a subset of those tunes to be on my iPhone so I have room for photos I take with the camera on my iPhone.

So what I am trying to figure out is how to have a way of synching the iPhone and the iPod without either copying ALL the music to the iPhone or losing the music from the iPod.

Is there a way of having two profiles so that I can synch one set of music to the iPhone and a different, more inclusive set of music to the iPod?

Again, thanks for trying to help me!
Van
Blocked Profile
Sep 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I am not sitting with my IPOD, but I am certain yu can synch by Artist/playlist. Make a playlist and mark it iphone, make a playlist and mark it as ipod, and synch only those playlists. I will look into this more at length when I get some hands on with the device.

Hang in there.