Key board Problems

Closed
Graham davies Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2013 - Aug 28, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Hi My name Is Graham and I have a problem with my keyboard every time I press the £ sign I get the hash sign # can you help me please
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Aug 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
To set it up specifically in Word only, click on Insert, click on Symbol..., click on the down-pointing triangular arrow beside the Font: box which probably says "Symbol", scroll up to the top of the list where it says (Normal Text), click on (Normal Text), the £ sign should be about 13 squares across on the fourth row about seven squares after the lower-case z, click on the £ sign which should jump up big and blue (actually white on a blue background to be correct), click on the Shortcut Key... button, there should be a blinking cursor in the box titled "Press new shortcut key:", press and hold down the Alt key while you tap the L key, "Alt+L" should appear in the box, click the Assign button, then click the Close button, then click the other Close button.

From now on, if you type Alt+L (i.e. hold down the Alt key while tapping the L key) in Word, it will insert the £ sign where the cursor is in your Word document at the moment you release the Alt key.

OR

Press in another programme press alt+0163