Explorer not opening

Solved/Closed
murfik Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2013 - Aug 23, 2013 at 07:18 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 24, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Hi admin

I have read all the solution and applied but I still can't get into my computer or any folder even control penal. I tried attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf but "file not found msg came..there is no autorun file in my C and D drive. Then I tried deleting mountpoints2 from registry but still not get into the explorer. when i double click on any folder/my computer my screen goes blank for few secs and come back as is. I can use IE/google chrome but not explorer. I can download stuff but unable to go to respective folder. PLEASE HELP

Thanks & Regards,
Irfan
Related:

4 responses

murfik Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2013
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Hi Ambucias

Thanks for your free time and suggestion.

unfortunately its still not resolved.

solutions i have tried one by one:

1) attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf (file not found)
2) deleted mountpoints2 from the registry (with all the protocol of running AVG etc)
3) Type explorer.exe in run

Same issue after and before restart laptop. i.e. when i double click on any of the folder/my computer the screen goes blank for 1,2 secs and come back as is.

Anyone! Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Irfan
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Aug 23, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Bizarre but interesting indeed.

Let's see if there is a virus.

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on the "Configure" button.

7. Click on the Magnifying glass with the + sign.

8. Click on "Search"

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

9. Close ZHPDiag.

10. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).

10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

11. Click on "upload »

12. Copy the URL and post it here.

Best regards

Ambucias
Moderator /Security Contributor
murfik Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2013
Aug 23, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Thanks Ambucias ..really appreciated your concern.

here you are the link http://speedy.sh/vKdby/ZHPDiag.txt

Kind Regards,
Irfan
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Aug 23, 2013 at 05:35 PM
No problem, please wait while I read, study and analyse.
Aug 23, 2013 at 05:43 PM
HEY BUDDYYY .... I just performed what you say up there... and now I can go into my all folders..

YOU ARE STAR!!! :) Thanks alot...

by the way do i need to wait for your further instructions after reading the log?
Aug 23, 2013 at 06:03 PM
All that I asked was to produce a log. Producing a log has no effect what so ever.

Your log showed adware, possibly a worm, a Trojan Horse as well as unwanted applications.

But, if you are satisfied, who am I to argue? I may have become a mystic, but in case I am not... do this:

1. Download the following Adwcleaner created by Xplode

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/6911-adwcleaner/

Launch it (for Windows 7 and 8, click right to run as administrator)
Click on delete
Post the log C:\Adwcleaner[Sx].txt on this thread.

2.Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Good luck
Boss I have to perform all the steps you mentioned :) .. I was happy as my folders open after producing the log BUT after restarting the computer, same issue. So I need to follow above instructions you just posted.:)

Thanks alot for your help Ambucias!!
Aug 24, 2013 at 05:43 AM
You are welcome

Please let me know how you system is running after adwcleaner and malwarebyte
Hey Anbucias the genius .. My system is working perfectly fine after running adwcleaner and malwarebytes full scan as you suggested.

God bless you for helping around. You guys rocks!! Salute
Aug 24, 2013 at 04:31 PM
You are most welcome ! Remember, I'm just a volunteer.

I suggest that you now delete Malwarebyte, ZHP Diag and adwcleaner. There is a remove button for Adwcleaner.

Next, download, install and run both the file and registry cleaner of CCleaner. You can do it once a week.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4555-ccleaner/