Complete reboot

Closed
Halfdollar Posts 5 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2013 - Aug 11, 2013 at 02:56 PM
Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013   - Aug 16, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Hello,

win 7 on a Dell INSPIRON 1545 needs reboot to finish a system repair is pending stopping restart of windows. It is stuck in a blue screen

Any help, please?

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 11, 2013 at 03:21 PM
You probably will need to power down the PC by pressing down the power button until the PC turns off. This is not a good sign. But, sometimes the Windows install can recover from this type of problem.

Good Luck
Halfdollar Posts 5 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2013
Aug 11, 2013 at 05:19 PM
STARTUP REPAIR DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR DETAILS root cause found
failure while setup in progress
Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem
blue screen The verification of a knownDLL failed.system process terminated how do i find which Dll failed
Halfdollar Posts 5 Registration date Saturday August 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2013
Aug 11, 2013 at 08:48 PM
this is what shows up
Aug 11, 2013 at 08:47 PM
tried didn't work
Dell_Shuchi_S Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2013  
Aug 16, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Hi Halfdollar,

I am Shuchi from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

I will help you with this issue.As you have mentioned in the issue details that the system repair is not working, it means that either the operating system has gone corrupt or there is some hardware failure on the system.

Please run the Pre boot system analysis on your system:

- Press the power button to turn on the system
- Press F12 7 -8 times when you get the Dell logo.
- Select diagnostic.
If you get any error message kindly make a note of it.

Turn on the system in safe mode by pressing the power button and tap F8 (continuously for 6 - 8 times)

select safe mode with networking and check the windows functionality. If system boots perfectly in safe mode then try to take a bacck up of your data.

If that does not resolve the issue then you might have to reinstall the operating system. If your system was shipped with pre-installed operating system then you can also try PC Restore, please find the steps below

Turn on the system and press F8 (8-10 times)

Step 1 : After getting to system recovery options click on 6th (last) option - 'dell data safe and emergency back-up' and wait for few seconds for next screen.

Step 2: On next screen, click on 2nd option - 'select other system and more options'.

Step 3: On next screen, click on 2nd option - 'restore my computer'.

Step 4: On next screen highlight the option 'factory image' and then click on 'next'.

Step 5: On next screen click on 2nd option - 'restore without preserving new and used files'.

Step 6: Click on - 'YES'

Note# Please take a back up of your data as PC restore will lead to data loss.

In case you have any further doubts or queries, Please feel free to contact me directly by sending a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Shuchi_S

Dell Social Media Responder