Error 404/ DNS lookup (website mysteriously doesnt exist?)

Solved/Closed
tokashi11 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2013 - Jul 16, 2013 at 02:19 PM
tokashi11 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2013 - Jul 16, 2013 at 03:57 PM
just today I realized I could not enter this website I usually go on. Its called doodletoo.com and I cant enter the website. Here is the message that I got,

The server at doodletoo.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Check your Internet connection.
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings.
Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction.
Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Error code: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

i have tried some of these suggestions but it doesnt work. I get the message of malware. I also downloaded this program which I got advice from this link,
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-665406-google-404-error-nginx-fix-this-one-works

it didnt work. but its just a specific website I cant join. I didnt get kicked from it though, I just cant access it. it also says the url may not exist (but I know it does since ive been on it for months). can someone please help, it seems like its multiple problems that just popped up today.
please help by giving some advice or a step by step way to stop this, thank you.

BTW IF YOU FIXED THIS PROBLEM AND JOINED THE WEBSITE doodletoo.com YOU PROOVE THAT THIS WEBSITE DOES EXIST.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 16, 2013 at 03:03 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

The site seems to be having some problem. At present it seems to be running in

downtime. If you want to check if its down for everyone or only for just you then

click on the below hyperlink "Down for everyone or just me".

Down for every one or just me

Enter the URL and press Enter.

Good Luck
tokashi11 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 at 03:57 PM
thabk you very much, I thought my computer was going crazy but it seems everyone has the problem for that website. thank you for your help :D