Boot disk not working

Closed
sebsebsebh Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2013 - Jun 14, 2013 at 05:15 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 14, 2013 at 09:57 PM
Hello,
A few months ago I had troubles with my hard drive: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-690389-disk-read-error-windows-7
I managed to get the information off the hard drive so I wiped and reformatted it. I then followed this tutorial: https://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how-to-install-windows-7-without-the-disc.html and made a disk using a maxell dvd-r 4.7gb. I tried to boot using the disk and I even changed the boot order but I get this on the screen:

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v14.4.5
Copyright (C) 2000-2010 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved.
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
No Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

I tried another similar tutorial and made another boot disk but I get the same message. If anybody has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 14, 2013 at 09:57 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

It is trying network boot option. Make sure that you have set your first boot

device correctly. Incase, if you have set your boot device to CD\DVD drive or USB

then it failed to boot from it and as a result it is trying network boot which may be

the another boot option.

Also check your hard drive.

Go to BIOS --> Load the default settings --> Save the settings and exit from it.

Once again go to BIOS --> Make sure that your hard drive is detected --> Set

the first boot device to your hard drive --> Save the settings and exit from it.

Let us know if you are still getting the same message.

Also check your hard drive connection and make sure that it is firmly connected.

Good Luck