Automatic shout down problm..

Closed
Aswani munagala Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2013 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 14, 2013 at 07:03 AM
Hello,

Hello,
I have my PC with Configuration
Processor : p4
Ram 256MB
Dell inspioron,N5010
Whenever i Switch On or Power ON my Computer, It boots and Displays desktop (as usual) and after 2/3 minutes it automatically shut down and again when i starts or Power on my PC, it starts and shut down automatically after 2/3 minutes.
Please tell me what may be the problem and how to rectify it.plzzzzzzzzzz..

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 13, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

May be because of overheating, it's getting shutdown.

Clean all the vents, blow out with canned air.

Remove the power adapter and the battery from your laptop. Open the laptop

case to access the CPU Fan and the heat sink. Remove all the dust from the Fan

and also from the heat sink. Never run your laptop on bag & bed. Sides, back and

bottom must be clear.

If possible remove the old thermal paste from the CPU and apply a new thermal

paste for better heat conductivity.

Good Luck
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 14, 2013 at 07:03 AM
Hi Aswani munagala,

As correctly identified by jack4rall this might be an overheating issue. Following symptoms can help you identify if the problem is overheating:

* High temperature perceived from the computer case.
* System locks up and/or freezes.
* Unusual fan noises such as whirring, clicking, clunking, etc.

If you notice any of these symptoms, try running "Symptom Tree" test in Dell 32-bit Diagnostics. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics. Select "Problems with Fan(s) or System Seems Hot" from the "Symptom Tree" Diagnostics menu. Observe, if the computer stays on or shuts down during diagnostics as well. If the Diagnostics returns any error code, please add the exact text of the error code in your reply. Also, please include the exact System Model Number of your Dell Laptop as Inspiron N5010 was never offered with P4 processor and 256 MB RAM.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell