Ask a question Report

Inspiron N5110 - restore to factory defaults ~ NOT WORKING!!!

memorymom 2Posts Monday 10 June 2013Registration date June 15, 2013Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 19, 2013 10:54AM
Hello,
I was having problems hooking up to the internet. After trying to troubleshoot the problem my computer restarted in safe mode. I exhausted all the options for diagnosing the problem with no fix in site. So I saved all my important files to an external hard drive and decided to do a reset to an earlier date. Unfortunately it still started in safe mode. So...I decided to do a full factory image restore without saving files as I already copied them to an external hard drive. After entering the Dell Data safe reformatting it goes straight to safe mode in which it says it has to restart in order to load my new settings. So it seems like I'm going in circles trying to restore my computer to its " factory setting". Any help would be great. Thanks so much! Bren
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,

You can reset your Inspiron N5110 to the Factory Setting by following the steps provided in this article. This is different from Dell Datasafe.

If the Restore to Factory Settings fails, reply with the exact text of the error message that you receive.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
memorymom- Jun 12, 2013 09:12AM
I apologize for not having time to address the issues with my laptop. I'm a secretary at a Middle School and today is our last day. I hope to get to the laptop this weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to address my issues. I will keep you posted on how it goes! Thanks again for your help! Brenda
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Brenda,

No problem, you can take your time to look in to the fix I have provided. I will await your response.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
memorymom 2Posts Monday 10 June 2013Registration date June 15, 2013Last seen - Jun 15, 2013 12:00AM
This did not fix the problem. It still tried to open in safe mode and the Install windows box came up saying "windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer and it all starts again. It starts to say setup is preparing your computer for first use and then the pop up box comes up. Any help would be great!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Brenda,

As you have already backed up the data I would recommend installing the operating system afresh. Click here to find steps on how to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on your computer.

Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I would love to do a manual reinstall, the problem is I did not receive a windows 7 disk and all of the Dell built in back up options are no longer on my computer. The windows key on the bottom of my computer has rubbed off and I don't know how to get a copy of the program to load on my computer. Does Dell keep the Windows key #'s to each computer they sell? I'm stuck right now. Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you!
Brenda
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Brenda,

If you are in the US region, you can request the recovery media online for one time. Click here to know more.

If you are in a different region please reply with the exact region (country) you are located in and we will check for available support options.

Add comment
This document entitled « Inspiron N5110 - restore to factory defaults ~ NOT WORKING!!! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.