Toshiba Factory Reset/Defaults

Closed
thesnapman44 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2013 - Apr 10, 2013 at 09:48 AM
thesnapman44 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2013 - Apr 10, 2013 at 06:04 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite computer (model number C855D-S5354).
For a long time now, i have been trying to reset the computer back to it's original setting's, but with no luck.
I have tried going to "PC Setting's", selecting "General", and then selecting both choices offered, i.e keep my files and reset or fully clean the drive. I have had no success.
I was reading yesterday that if you turn off your computer, then hold down the "Zero" key, and then press the "power button" until you hear a beep, and then let go off the "Zero" button, that this will bring up "hidden" alternatives. I did this, and selected "reset pc", but in all the thing's i have tried, a message informs me that there was a problem resetting the pc, and no changes have been made. No changes had been made.
I scanned the computer with more than one anti-virus program, and the computer is clean.

I f anyone can help with this issue, i would be grateful.
A full step-by-step guide to show me what i have to do would be also great, as following the instructions, (including altering any registry items that may be needed), should be no problem.

Finally, my own opinion is that something has gone terribly wrong, and that having to purchase a Recovery CD or the original Installation disc from Toshiba, may be my alternative.
Thank you.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 10, 2013 at 05:03 PM
Hello

This is the latest How-to in the Kioskea data bank:

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Good luck
thesnapman44 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Firstly, i have to say a big thank you to all those that helped regarding this issue i have. It was by internet searching that i found this site, and i could have not found a better one.
Unfortunately, the help i received did not help. I am using Windows 8, (sorry, that's totally my fault for omitting that from my thread), x64 bit machine. The advice i received was for Windows Vista. No matter if the advice given was for Windows 8 as well as Vista, i have already followed the advice given prior to coming here.
However, i was interested to read the following statement under "Prerequisites", stating "The recovery partition must still exist.". Now i am not sure if mine does. I followed the advice regarding holding down the "zero" key, no luck.
I went to pc settings and selected one and then the other regarding "refresh the pc", no luck either. Now this is driving me insane. I do not know if a bug got into my system and altered thing's around, but certainly, nothing is helping me to start the computer back to factory defaults. If the advice given is to ask Toshiba for the original installation disks, then i will have to, but i will wait for this community to further assist before i do that.
Thank you all again and i await any response.