Excel Help!

Closed
pjlovejoy - Feb 17, 2009 at 03:44 PM
locklessmonster Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Feb 18, 2009 at 01:34 AM
Hello,

I'm working in Excel 2007 and having some issues doing what I need to do.

I have a speadsheet that has a list of users in column A. A list of applications that these users are using runs across row 1. If a user has a lisence for an application there is an 'x' placed at the intersection of the row and column.

I didn't set up this spreadsheet, so I can't really change the basic layout. But I've been tasked to create a space in the worksheet that would allow my manager to pull a report showing the names of users for a specific application.

I've played around with pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, countifs, all sorts of random methods to get this moving, but cannot seem to figure out how to get it going.

Basically I've created a dropdown list for the application names. I would like for my boss to select the application she would like to see the report for and then have it be automated from there. Search across the row 1, then down through the correct column, if an 'x' is in that column, then return the information in column A.

It sounds so simple to me, but I'm just blanking today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks-
PJL
Related:

1 response

locklessmonster Posts 19 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 10
Feb 18, 2009 at 01:34 AM
hi,
try to get help from Microsoft.
try this link:
office.microsoft.com/excel

download.microsoft.com/download/3/3/c/33c4374f-372a-4a3a-bf27-f6d24ade4e32/Excel2007ProductGuide.doc