Reviews about Mass Directory Eraser

junkbox - Mar 14, 2013 at 06:45 PM
 junkbox - Mar 14, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Click the link below to learn more about the topic in this thread:

https://ccm.net/download/download-9660-mass-directory-eraser

I'm deleting ~7GB of files numbering around 800 thousand right now as we speak and it's plugging along. Granted the GUI window states "Not Responding" but I don't believe that. So I have a command prompt open to verify there's progress and like I say its plugging along at what appears to be ~10-15X faster than any other native windows option. I like it. Mileage will vary, of course depending on filesize and type...but it's clearing out a bloated (albeit infected) user's temporary internet files directory that Windows Server with plenty-o-resources can barely render much less handle a right click.
As for the *nix analogy...apples and oranges...this is no less efficient than rm -rf for the amount of files I'm talking about...win users don't have the fast option for doing this as stated because rd, rmdir, del, deltree think they need to check everything. Agreed "Windows works differently" ...but you can also rock better games. No need for an OS war...just saying for a good windows bulk delete this is now in my toolbox.
Thanks alot dev. saving me some time. Would have given 5 stars except for the GUI glitches...but honestly when hooking shell for doing add/move/change/delete you're still at the mercy of the OS in many regards. So It's to be expected. still plugging away now at an empty k*
thanks again.