Ask a question Report

My computer wont go past the acer screen [Solved/Closed]

Jubs - Latest answer on Jan 1, 2014 03:41PM
Hello,
I turned my computer on one day after a few months of non usage and it came on to the logg in screen perfectly. Then i realised i hadnt plugged the keyboard or the mouse in, so i turned it off an plugged them in. It turned on and went to the acer screen and says press f12 to the setup page. So i waited for it to go on but it stayed there for hours. So i thought then ill press f12 but the keyboard wasnt working. There isn't anything wrong with the keyboard its just sometimes my computer dosent like it. I tried using many diffrent ways but nothing seems to work. I took everything out and just left the main and the screen in and it worked perfectly its only if the keyboard and mouse are in it it dosent like it.
I think it got annoyed with me because i didnt pay it attention! lol
please can you help?
Read more 
Answer
+63
moins plus
Im having a very similar problem to the one above, but no matter which devices i unplug, or whichever buttons i press, when i turn the computer on it just wont go past the first acer screen, nothing i do works. Can anyone solve this problem, or tell me what i need to do to fix it lol, i really need it working again!!
Thanks
Luke

yu- Mar 19, 2013 12:44PM
i took out an sd card and it worked- try removing all the device and cds/dvds/floppy disks then take out battery for 5-10 mins
Lukaso- Apr 1, 2013 10:52AM
I removed my externald hd and boom , it worked thanks a lot you soulved the problem for me at least. Thumbs up for oxXxjennxXxo!
Janocky- Jun 12, 2013 06:11AM
My printer was acting up before I restarted my computer. I had the same problem. I read the earlier posts and disconnected my printer cable. That fixed my problem! Thanks.
anand- Oct 23, 2013 02:10AM
any of you know how to change the boot logo on acer aspire laptop
sitesswag- Jan 1, 2014 03:41PM
To yu Thanks so much it worked
Answer
+36
moins plus
I have a problem that my computer turns on and says that the computer didn't shut down right so I pressed on normaly start and it goes to the screen and turns back off

Answer
+12
moins plus
Hi, it is a clear problem from one of your input devices. Try plugging one at a time and see with which one it gets stuck when you power on. When you find which one is faulty, replace it. That's it.

Answer
+6
moins plus
Thnx, I don't know what it could be, and since I'm plugged into a multiple plug splitter it could take a while

Answer
+5
moins plus
Thanks! My computer was frozen for hours...unplugged it, took out the battery and all USB devices and it powered right up!!!

Answer
+5
moins plus
I love u man .. it worked

Answer
+2
moins plus
this is very nice sharing

This document entitled « My computer wont go past the acer screen » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.