Webcam and Mic not working on laptop

Closed
stevsoracc Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday February 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2013 - Feb 26, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Hello,
Since I have purchased my HP Pavilion d7 laptop, I have had no problems at all working with my webcam. All of a sudden it is no longer working properly. I used it yesterday to take some pictures, and today it is no longer working. I was trying to use Skype when I realized it.

Neither the picture nor mic were responding. I fiddled around a bit with some settings and whatnot (I am not exceptionally computer savvy but I can find my way around most problems). I finally concluded that my Youcam device was interfering with Skype, so I decided to uninstall Youcam. When I was on Skype again, it would go in and out with the picture until there was no picture at all and all the while there is no mic.
I have tried everything I can think of but I just can't figure out how to fix my problem.

If there is any one who has had a similar problem and has resolved it, I would be so grateful for some help. Skype is the only way I am able to keep in touch with my boyfriend while he's off at school.

Thanks

Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 28, 2013 at 08:21 AM
Hi stevsoracc,

Most likely, it is not a hardware problem unless the built-in camera is broken. With most laptop computers, it is a problem with the webcam configuration or a device driver problem. As you have already checked the setting and uninstall the webcam software the next steps would be to uninstall the older device drivers and then download the latest webcam drivers from the internet and install the new device drivers.

Please check the below mentioned link for steps on how to uninstall the device drivers:

https://ccm.net/faq/2829-hp-laptop-built-in-webcam-not-working

You can download the drivers from the below mentioned link (enter the exact system model number in the search box to get the right drivers):

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=1842152&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&cc=us

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell