Ask a question Report

How to merge windows partition to increase c [Solved/Closed]

akm - Latest answer on Feb 25, 2013 01:15PM
Hello,
please tell me is it possible to merge hard disk partition without formate.
how to merge windows partition to increase c drive space
Read more 
Answer
+75
moins plus
Download this free program to merge partitions. Good Luck

http://www.download.com/...

Biliya 2Posts Wednesday June 30, 2010Registration date July 26, 2010Last seen - Jul 16, 2010 10:24AM
hi man, I found a detailed tutorial to remove drive run out of space warning http://www.hdd-tool.com/...
Techguy- Jul 18, 2010 07:27AM
backup the files before resize or merge partitions, as there is risk.

come accross this step by step guide: how to merge partitions to increase C drive.
http://www.hdd-tool.com/...
astral programmer- May 8, 2011 09:03PM
tnx bro
amar- Nov 18, 2012 08:31AM
thank u its realy working ....thanx a lot
Nate Ace- Feb 25, 2013 01:15PM
Thank you so much. Merged my D drive into C without any problems. You have to be patient, it may take some time but it worked.
Answer
+20
moins plus
OMG.. it solved all my partition issues in winks..
thanks a million man,, works like a charm..

Answer
+12
moins plus
Hi,

Many thanks for the tips, Easeus Partition Master Home Edition 4.0.1 works perfectly.
I have 50gb for C drive but D drive more than 400gb. C drive run out the space very quickly. When I used the software, I was bit worry, after reading help instructions. I decided swap the sizes of two drive; by deleting the D drive and then increase the size of C drive by sliding. I have to rename the D drive though, after restart, voila, the problem of partition's size is solved.

BOB- Feb 25, 2010 05:21PM
When you delete one partition, then slide to increase other, don't you lose your data in partition that you deleted. your input will be helful and i would appreciated.
xpcman 11073Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus April 27, 2015Last seen - Feb 25, 2010 07:02PM
Yes yhou loose the data. I would first move the data you want to keep to the C partition.

Good Luck
ni8k- Oct 8, 2012 08:51AM
do you also lose data in c drive while doing this????plzzz help
Answer
+12
moins plus
It seems SO simple, yet i dont think its working for me. When i resize my D: drive and slide it over, so the unallocated is on the left, than slide my C: drive to the right, it doesnt add the gigs to C: drive, it merely puts the unallocated to the left of C: drive. Will this do the trick? i dont want to click apply without knowing what im doing for sure. And also when i start, I automatically have an unallocated amount that is exact to the space free on my D:. i cant move that one, but i removed it and tried the previous steps, still doesnt add the data to C: just moves the unallocated to the left or right of C: Please help!

Answer
+11
moins plus
i have OS C, D recovery , and G data , G is emty i already delete G but i cant add unlocated space to os C window vista anyone help plz

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi experts!
I am in a pickle.....I enlarged my D partition which was formatted for Fat32 to add Fat32 files -IPod media recovered files which were not accessable/loadable by my media players/editors. It sounds like I could have reformatted this to NTSF, but don't know if that would make a difference (very confusing). I used Easeus partition manager, which seems so easy to do this with and it went through a process of moving files on C drive. All seemed perfect and I was excited when it rebooted feeling now at least I could test my theory and hope for the best in truely converting my files into readable media files.
Once it rebooted, before Windows XP launched, i got an error message:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows root>\system32\hal.dll
Please re-install a copy of the above file.</gras>

I've done a lot of research on this and the information I got said this usually doesn't mean a hal.dll file problem, it means that your boot.ini file needs to be worked on -copied, reloaded/istalled, etc. Not having my original Window XP setup disc I ran through the steps of changing boot order in Bios- no improvement. I purchased bootable iso set up files for XP, burned to bootable CD using Nero which booted my computer to set up utilities mostly Dos script processes (very advanced for an un-educated IT guy). I found a tool within the utilities which got me into the file contents of both C and D partitions and located the boot.ini file in drive C. it seems like this would be the place to edit, copy from or reorganize the set up order to have Winows launch or recognize while booting up.

Does anybody know how to make sure this file is in the right place, or how to put it in the right place, edit details, or is the C partition not launching first, is it launching the D partion first which doesn't have the OS or boot.ini file within,
How the file got mis-placed in the first hand?

Lots of questions, but bottom line- Computer won't start Windows, therefore I can't use it! Arghh...

Your help is much appreciated!!

Michael

Answer
+4
moins plus
WOW! I have to admit to being totally amazed my this software! I have an old external HD that had two partitions on it that I was intending to give to a friend, but didn't want to confuse her with the two drive letters on one physical drive, plus I wanted to merge the partitions to reclaim the space.

Partition Master seems to have done the trick... flawlessly! VERY intuitive, it was a 2 stage process; first delete the smaller of the partitions, then increase the size of the other to reclaim the space using a slider bar... it couldn't be easier. Once I'd finished I did a quick format to NTSF then looked at the drive in Win Explorer and Disk Manager (Management) and it's perfect... what a great piece of software!

Answer
+4
moins plus
very helpful software,, worked well for me,, thanks!!

Answer
+4
moins plus
how to solve the windows partition in c

if any information then kindly you send me my website

Email Id removed for security

Answer
+4
moins plus
Merge two partitions with Windows Vista
*1. Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel
*2. Select the System and Maintenance option if you are using the Control Panel Home View and Administrative Tools if you are using the Classic View
*3. In the Administrative Tools section, select Create and format disk partitions.
*4. For Classic View users, select the Computer Management option and select Storage . When done, click Disk Management
*5. When the list of your drive is displayed, choose the one with which you want to merge your partitioned drive with (e.g. disk D:) and select Delete Volume .
*6. Hence, select your drive C: and the option Extend Volume . You computer will automatically select empty available spaces on your hard disk, and you can alter them if you wish to do so.

Answer
+4
moins plus
go to your control panel, under system maintenance, click on administrative tools, click create and format disk partitions, then right click the second partition (most likely d) and delete the volume, next just right click the primary (most likely c) then click extend volume, the wizard should pop up, follow the 3 or four steps, and your done. any questions email Email Id removed for security

Answer
+3
moins plus
thanks 4 the help dudue........it really worked for me

Answer
+3
moins plus
if you really like to merge, try Partition Wizard, download it from www.partitionwizard.com, home edition is free

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have two partitions on a 200 gig drive and i wanted to add more space to my c drive which is currently sitting at 60 gigs. The Program that was suggested does not run on 64 bit operations systems and i have 7 x64. Any suggestions ?

AJ- Apr 11, 2010 11:42PM
How do i move the unallocated space in between drive C and drive D?
longtail 9Posts Monday June 1, 2009Registration date May 16, 2010Last seen - May 15, 2010 09:45AM
see this page, detailed steps how to merge partitions http://www.hdd-tool.com/...
Answer
+1
moins plus
Simply amazing. Things couldn't get any simpler; genius at work.

Answer
+1
moins plus
wow amazing software man.. it helped me a alot... thnx a lot...

Answer
+1
moins plus
oops! i used this partition merging softwae, ad it works pretty quickly.

Answer
+1
moins plus
pl help , i have limited space for c drive , tried to delete some , but seem all the file are important to me , what sh i do

Answer
+0
moins plus
first yu have download toos partition tools erd software then boout your system from erd software and select your oprating system then press enter.and just to merg and increase your drive system.finish.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Forget everything guys. I tried EASEUS, Partition Magic. Nothing worked.
Only the angel came at my rescue -

GParted.

The most simple thing without an inch of ado.

U'll love it. Trust me.

no- Jun 1, 2010 01:56AM
have you try Partition Wizard? You might change your mind bit...
Joe- Jun 22, 2010 09:36PM
Perfect. Tested multiple times on my test pc and just perfect. Exactly what I needed to resize a partition.
donny- Jun 28, 2010 04:05AM
VINAYHABIB

EASEUS is the best.

Created some partitions on my HD a later realized have less space on my C-drive.
I slashed a cool 50gs from one drive and merged it to C for my super support programs.
!!!
1 2 Next
This document entitled « how to merge windows partition to increase c » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.