Computer keeps on restarting

Closed
mumucoy Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2012 - Oct 29, 2012 at 01:03 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 29, 2012 at 07:36 AM
hello! i have a problem with my computer,since last night when i opened it, it keeps on restarting.it will go to safe mode,safe mode with networking,safe mode with command promt,last known configuration and start windows normally when trying to select anyone of these( i selected start windows normally) it will try to open windows after a few seconds a message will prompt "monitor going to sleep" then it will restart.,again it will go back to the same set up...trying to select last known configuration same thing will happen..what seems to be the problem..any suggestion to repair my computer..?im looking forward for your reply.thank you.

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 29, 2012 at 07:36 AM
Hi mumucoy,

As you have mentioned every time you start your computer you see the Advanced Boot Menu, which shows you several options of which you select Start Windows Normally and this process will repeat after showing you monitor going to sleep. Monitor going to sleep can possibly happen because of the monitor not receiving an input from the graphics card. It could possibly be a faulty video card driver which will try to load at Windows startup or it could be a problem with the operating system itself. I would recommend trying Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking. See if the computer boots to desktop when you select these options. If the computer boots to Safe Mode with Networking, try downloading and updating the video card drivers.

Please do write back to us.