Your guess that it may be a virus is probably correct.
What virus might that be and how to remove it?
To help you and precribe a remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.
While it's running for 30 minutes, don't do anything else, except:
1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message. Once installed, click on the "hardhat" icon allows to change the language.)
2. Save the file on your Desktop.
3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.
the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).
4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.
5. Click on the screwdriver icon and ensure all of the items are checked.
6. Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.
Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)
7. Close ZHPDiag.
8. To transmit the report, click on this link :
9. Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).
10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.
11. Click on "upload »
12. Copy the url and post it here