Acer laptop freezes on start up

Solved/Closed
Kezza - Updated on Mar 18, 2018 at 03:42 PM
 Taf - May 7, 2020 at 06:07 AM
Hello, Please can someone help me! I made the very big mistake of letting my anti virus run out and in the process got viruses. I have now got a new anti virus that sorted some of the problems out - but couldnt get rid of all of them - now when I try and turn my laptop on it loads up to the desktop but then freezes almost straight away - not giving me a chance to click on anything - I have tried re-starting it time and time again but every single time it freezes. Is the Laptop now completely broken or is there anything I can do??? It is an Acer Laptop and it has Windows on it - not sure which one but its not the most up to date - as I got the Laptop 2 years ago.

Please help!
Related:

3 responses

Just finished repairing an Acer 3500 which was freezing on startup and running very slow, mouse and keypad would stop responding. To shut it down I had to remove the power cord and battery. It would start in safe mode without any problems. The following fixed the problem.
  • Start in Safe Mode.
  • Open Device Manager and expand Batteries.
  • Disable the entry "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery".
  • Close and restart notebook in normal mode.

Hope that corrects the problem it did for me.

Tony
this worked great m8 was doing my head in but glad you were about to fix my problems top man

iceo
bushmills Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2009
Oct 29, 2009 at 04:12 PM
Seriously dude, what power on this green earth made you try this? I was about ready to throw the computer out the window in frustration when I came across your post. There is no way I would have tried disabling the battery management. My hat is off and I prostrate myself at the feet of a master.

Thank you!