Cannot access the internet

Solved/Closed
gingles Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012 - Aug 1, 2012 at 05:59 AM
 gsingles - Aug 3, 2012 at 04:55 AM
Hello,

I have win xp Pro. Running IE 8. I can log into the pc remotely but can't access the internet from the computer using browser or email or ping. Proxy is not set, i've reset the winsock, updated drivers, ran malware, spyware, and virus programs without success. Firewall is turned off. Attempted to install Mozilla and it tells me the internet is down or firewalled. I can login remotely via VNC or pcAnywhere. I have 2 PC's connected to the same modem and one works perfectly.
Any help is appreciated as I am lost with this one.
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 2, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Then you may have a virus.

To help you and precribe a remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.

1. Boot in safemode with networking.

2. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message. Also clicking on the "hardhat" icon allows to change the language.)

3. Save the file on your Desktop.

4. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

5. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

6. Click on the screwdriver icon and ensure all of the items are checked.

7. Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

8. Close ZHPDiag.

9. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

10. Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

11. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

12. Click on "upload »

13. Copy the url and post it here

Best regards
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 1, 2012 at 04:06 PM
Hi,

Can you access Internet in safemode with networking?
Safe mode will allow me to get out to the internet.
I found a solution finally on the web. Reset the Stack. I used the following: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and it now works. I thank everyone that helped. Never got to try this method but thanks for the help.