No Audio Output Device is installed.

Closed
Yorkel - Jun 19, 2012 at 04:24 PM
 Yorkel - Jun 19, 2012 at 07:47 PM
Hello,
Today I finally received my new PSU, case, and video card in the so I transferred everything from the case into the new one. When I turned my computer on, everything on the computer worked perfectly fine except the sound. There is a red X over the little sound icon on the bottom of the screen. I have tried going to Sound>Right clicking the empty space>show disabled devices. I have tried going to Device Manager>Sound but there is nothing under that tab. I even tried entering my BIOS and enabled the onboard audio or something. The speakers i have been using has worked fine just hours before I made the switch. Could it just be that my onboard sound is broken? Should I just get a new motherboard?

Thank you very much in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 19, 2012 at 05:45 PM
I suggest you double check the wires from the new case to the motherboard. You might want to disconnect them and test the sound from the MB outputs.

Good Luck
I have already made sure that all of the wires from the new case are plugged in where they are supposed to go.