Please help with my possible OS issue

Solved/Closed
Earl - May 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM
 Earl - May 24, 2012 at 07:21 PM
Hello,
So the other day my computer ran a disk repair like it does every so often in which it started deleting orphan files and other files. After this happened my computer says There is no connection to the internet, even though I am using the internet still. Also my sound has quit working even though it is on max. When i try to run a system restore i get error messages. I am so confused as to what is wrong with my computer. I have an Acer aspire 7741z-4433, with windows 7 premium.

Thanks for any help leading to the possible fixing of my computer. :)

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 24, 2012 at 06:15 PM
When Windows does a "disk repair" it can be an indication of impending Hard disk failure. Once in a "blue moon" is OK - "every so often" would leave me very anxious. When it deleted bad disk sectors it probably removed some Windows files. Hence your current problems.
I would get ready for that failure by backing up my data files to an external drive and making sure I had a Windows 7 install disk. I assume this Acer is like most laptops and does not come with a Windows Disk. There is probably a procedure for burning a Windows disk or an "image" of the hard disk. You should have done that when the computer was new. If you didn't, then you need to repair Windows first and then burn those backup disks.
You can download a Windows 7 repair image. It's an "iso" file that you can burn to a CD/DVD. Just double click on the downloaded file's name and Windows will offer to burn the disk.

https://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

One you burn the disk(s) you change the boot device to you optical drive and boot from that disk. You then select the "repair" option and if you are lucky it should repair your PC.

Good Luck
thank you very much for your help :)