Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

[solved] Headphones not working with Windows [Solved/Closed]

markhelp 33Posts Monday April 30, 2012Registration date May 13, 2012Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 25, 2015 09:19AM
Hello,
This post is for people who are having a very specific issue.
Please see: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4462-no-sound-from-my-laptop-headphone-jack
Before you try this fix.
The issue this fix addresses was on an HP Compaq 515 running Windows 7 Home Premium.
Presentation:
-Computer is a laptop with working speakers
-When headphones are plugged in they are detected but do not play music
-You cannot set the headphones as the default playback device even if you disable the speakers
-Reinstalling the audio drivers does NOT work
Solution:
-Open "Add or Remove Programs"
-Uninstall IDT Audio
-Restart computer
If this solution doesn't work for you and you would like to undo it, please use System Restore
Hope this helps someone,
mark
Read more 
Answer
+25
moins plus
Hi try this out..

Speaker or headphone can be set as default.... [I'm nt sure if both can be activated in Win 7 at the same time ]

Control Panel -> Hardware & sounds -> Sound ->

In Playback tab Select Speaker / Headphone and click the drop-down Select Default.....

U can now enjoy hearing n headphone..
hope this helps...

Mistreymang- Nov 18, 2014 09:42PM
Not sure how you figured that out, but at fist it did not work, so I kept switching back and forth on my default and *Somehow* It ended up figuring out it was there! You rock! Also, I'm using windows 8 if anyone else had the same frustration
Manoharan Thamizhan- Nov 21, 2014 08:44AM
Superb...
I think it is the hardware problem.. and may too cost..
But now it is solved...
thanks a lot dear dude..
Ash- Nov 26, 2014 01:03AM
I am using Windows 8.1 and the only dropdown i see is Set default which is disabled.
Vik- Dec 26, 2014 04:36AM
Thanks so much it works
kumar- Mar 25, 2015 09:19AM
thanks...
Answer
+9
moins plus
hi but there is only speaker and it is unable to touch default setting

Reza- Nov 21, 2014 01:08AM
i had the same problem up until 2 minutes ago, my laptop is elitebook 8440p and i ended up fixing the issue through something called IDT HD Audio Driver after installing it , i had the headphone appear in devices besides speakers.

there was no default since there was only speakers ..
ClimbHi- Dec 2, 2014 09:26PM
Thanks Reza - have the same laptop and this solved my problem also.
Answer
+2
moins plus
To clarify:

This fix works because the computer will use audio drivers from the default Windows driver library. So after you do this fix you would expect for everything to work just fine.

Answer
+2
moins plus
You could apply this method (basically of making Windows use default drivers) to similar audio issues, ie I have done this with a computer with Realtek audio as well (although the original problem was totally different)

Answer
+2
moins plus
worked great!!! thanks

Answer
+1
moins plus
worked great!!!

This document entitled « [solved] Headphones not working with Windows » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.