NO audio output device is installed

Closed
yitti - Apr 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 26, 2012 at 02:24 PM
Hello,

I have this laptop computer bought from ebay. It is Fujitsu/Siemens with 2GB RAM, Intel core 2 Duo CPU T5250@1.5Ghz. Initially, windows 7 enterprise was installed and the laptop works stable except the audio system. The speaker symbol on the task bar shows a red cross sign and when I put the cursor on it, it says 'No audio output device is installed'. And there is a yellow mark on the driver in device manager. I tried almost everything which I got from online forems including;

1) updating the high definition audio driver results: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device-The device can not start (Code 10)

2)Disable and then enable the device: no positive result

3)Uninstall and installing the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website: device driver software was not successfully installed: High defination Audio device...Failed.
4) A clean install of windows ( this time I installed Windows Vista home premium, the manufacturer pointed out that the driver is not compatible for windows7). the same problem though

5) Updating the BIOS. I found out that the BIOS is an older version and I upgraded it using the window version of the flash-BIOS, the result: windows could not start so I reinstalled windows and this time windows could not complete installation. So I decided to downgrade the BIOS to the earlier version, then windows start functioning but I still have the sound issue.

I am now running out of hope so please HELP. Am not An expert on these but i can follow step by step instructions in a moderately technical terms.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 26, 2012 at 02:24 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First make sure that Onboard audio is not disabled in the BIOS

2) Download the "Chipset" and "Audio" drivers from the manufacture's website.

Install the "Chipset" drivers first and then "Audio" drivers.

OR

Let us know your laptop model number, current operating system installed and

also follow the below instructions

Click on the below link and download the file.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let us

know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge.

Click on the "CPU" tab and let me know the "Package"

Good Luck