Sony Vaio C Series keeps dropping out

Closed
crankynewb - Apr 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 21, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Hello,

I just bought a new c series sony vaio laptop and i have been having major problems with the dropping. I thought it was a fault in the one i bought so i returned it and got another one and it is having the same problems.

Could it be the new netgear n600 we bought or is it just the laptop itself. They are saying i can not get a refund or exchange again because they havent had any other complaints. I also notice that when my neighbours turn on there internet and it picks up there signal i can not get any internet at all.

Please help!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 21, 2012 at 08:47 PM
You have interference from other wifi networks. The best solution is to change the channel your router is using. On you laptop search of available networks and make note of the channels they are using. Then connect a computer to the router via a Ethernet (LAN) cable. Log-on to the router and change the channel it is transmitting on to a channel that is not being used or a channel that has relative low usage.

Your new laptop has the fastest N specification wifi. Your older router is probably using G specs. If you buy a new N router it will use a different frequency band and will probably be 5 to 10 times faster. The new N router will probably be dual band and will also transmit on the G band so you can use it with older computers.

Good Luck